Open Source Bridge 2011

Hey there! I've been meaning to blog a little more here but I've been working on some interesting things lately (more on that at a later time). I haven't even had enough downtime for a site redesign even though I have my trial copy of Photoshop loaded up... . BTW, if you're a designer and take pity on a guy like me, let's talk! :)

I had originally intended to first post about the Webvisions 2011 conference but hadn't had the chance. Since this post is about the Open Source Bridge conference, I'll direct your attention to this years Webvisions keynote by Douglas Rushkoff. I think it speaks to the heart of being an Open Source citizen. Anyway, here's what OSBridge is all about:
The conference for open source citizens. Open Source Bridge is a conference for developers working with open source technologies and for people interested in learning the open source way.



The conference is in it's 3rd year, and going strong. In addition to posting the keynotes, the organizers have provided a media room where people can come and podcast, interview, blog or just hang out and talk about media production. We are providing a place to conduct video or audio recording using what we have setup or bring your own. No gear, no worries- we've got you well covered and can assist you. Just come up to the 3rd floor and you'll see us in the fishbowl.



So maybe you can't attend and want to get a feel for what this conference is all about? Well your in luck, because here's this mornings welcome and keynote from the conference, enjoy: