Remembering The Needful Longings

OK, so the title is a little misleading because this really isn't an obituary. The Needful Longings are alive and well- at least last I left them which was Friday night at Dante's. The show was a benefit for The Jeremy Wilson Foundation which helps "musicians and their families in time of medical crisis." It's a healthcare fund for the artists that create the music you enjoy everyday. Friday night the foundation kicked into action at Dante's with Ugly Flowers, DJ HWY 7, The Needful Longings, and The Dharma Bums.

 

It was a great night, even if I felt I was fashion challenged for rock-n-roll:





 

 

 

But just like some old, romantic anniversary that I tend to easily forget, April 6th was just another date on the calendar until it was pointed out that The Needful Longings played their debut show at The Fez last year on that same date. It occurred to me that I've been sitting on some tapes of that show ever since! So I thought I'd post a few clips of the band taken from the live stream that I had the pleasure of producing that night with some of Portland's finest videographers in live music: Cary Ray, Tim Scotten, Sam Smith and Rob Trujillo. I really like The Needful Longings, so check them out:







 

And if you'd like to see even more from the House of Sound event last year, check out Heather Ray's interview with Holly and JT of Thee Headliners: